Main Research Interests
- Moving Objects Databases
- Spatio-temporal aggregation
- Spatio-temporal OLAP, spatio-temporal multidimensional databases
- Probabilistic OLAP, probabilistic multidimensional databases
PublicationsFor the list of my publications, click here
- Advanced Topics in Databases (ATDB)
- This course covers topics related to moving object databases. In particular, the students will acquire practical, hands-on experience with a database management system SECONDO that supports moving objects. After having finished the course, the students will be able to design database extensions (user-defined types and functions) and program them for SECONDO, with specialization on spatio-temporal data types. The students will also get familiar with the database technology for moving objects including data models for moving objects and their data structures, operations for moving objects and their algorithms, indices for moving objects, moving object database update policies, management of uncertain data on moving objects, OLAP for moving objects, and web-based moving object databases.