Free University of Bolzano/Bozen
Faculty of Computer Science - Bachelor in Applied Computer Science
Bachelor in Production Engineering
Home page of the course
Introduction to Programming
Nothing to announce.
Course presentation form
Objectives. The objective of the Introduction to Programming course is
to teach the fundamental principles of programming, making use of the typical
aspects of the object-oriented, functional, and imperative programming
paradigms. Such basic principles are presented by referring to the Java
Prerequisites. There are no specific prerequisites. Basic notions
of mathematics and set theory will be used.
 Lecture Notes for
Introduction to Programming. Diego Calvanese. Available on the
course web page.
Absolute Java. Walter Savitch. Addison Wesley. 2nd edition 2005.
- Office hours
- Lectures: Monday and Wednesday,
8:30-10:30, Lecture Room 3.6, 3rd floor, Ser C (typically)
calendar for changes.
The course is taught in the 1st semester: from October 4th, 2005 to
January 28th, 2005.
- Tuesday: 16:00-18:00, Computer Room E431, 4th floor
(Christian Mair - Italian - Production Engineering)
- Wednesday: 14:00-16:00, Computer Room E431, 4th floor, Building E
(Andrej Taliun - English - Computer Science)
- Wednesday: 18:00-20:00, Computer Room E431, 4th floor, Building E
(Christian Mair - German - Computer Science and Production
- Christian Mair (office
hours: consult the home page)
- Andrej Taliun (office hours: Monday 14:00-16:00, Piazza Domenicani 3,
2nd floor - please confirm first by email to
- Additional teaching material
Students that have to take the Introduction to Programming exam according to
the Old Study Plan, which gives 6 CFU (instead of 8 CFU) will sit the exam on a
- The reduced syllabus covers points 1 to 10 (leave out 11 and 12) from the
syllabus for the 8 CFU exam.
- The reduced syllabus is covered by lectures 1
- The difficulty of the exam is between the one for Production Engineering
students and the 8 CFU exam for Computer Science students:
- Please consider the exam rules, and specifically
the information about the lab exam.
- Here are examples of exam exercises
for the lab exam.
teaching page of Diego Calvanese
Last modified: Sun Dec 10 12:38:59 CET 2006