The conference venue is the Faculty of Education of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (the green pin on the map) in Bahnhofstrasse - Viale Stazione 16, situated in the historical center of Brixen-Bressanone, and at 5-10 minutes walking distance from the train station (Bahnhof). Consult the interactive map of Bressanone for directions about the venue, hotels, restaurants, and train station; all these locations are at walking distance.
The accommodation is handled by the Brixen-Bressanone Tourist Office; rooms will be reserved on a first-come first-served basis. Reservations will be done by the attendees by filling the hotel reservation form and by faxing (preferred) or posting it at the following address:
Tourist Office Brixen-Bressanone
Viale Stazione 9 I-39042 Brixen-Bressanone BZ
The Tourist Office in Brixen can start taking your reservation as of now.
Traveling to BressanoneThe school will take place in the charming town of Brixen-Bressanone, near Bozen-Bolzano in South Tyrol at the heart of the Dolomites - the pink mountains of the Alps.
Coming from the North on motorway "Brenner" (A22, toll) or on the old route of "Brenner" via Innsbruck and "Brennerpass" (motorway exit routes Brixen North, Pustertal and Klausen) you arrive directly in the holiday region Brixen/Eisacktal. Motorway exit Brixen.
In Brixen there is a station for all IC-trains and EC-trains on the route Innsbruck-Brenner-Verona; local trains also stop at the stations of Klausen and Waidbruck: train timetable information
By air plane:
Airports close to Brixen-Bressanone are:
- Munich (260 km). From the airport take the S-Bahn "8" train to the east railway station (MUNCHEN Ost) and then take the train to BRIXEN (BRESSANONE) via INNSBRUCK/ BRENNERO. Trains timetable: usually, one every two hours; average trip duration: 3.5 hrs.
- Innsbruck (80 km). From the airport take the bus shuttle F (1.5 euros) or a taxi (10 euros approx) to the railway station (INNSBRUCK Hbf) and then the train to BRIXEN-BRESSANONE via BRENNER-BRENNERO. Trains timetable: usually, one per hour; average trip duration: one hour and a half.
- Verona (190 km). From the airport take the bus shuttle to VERONA/PORTA NUOVA railway station and then the train to BRESSANONE. Trains timetable: usually, one per hour; average trip duration: two hours; possible changes: Bolzano.
- Venice (300 km). From the airport take the bus shuttle to VENEZIA/MESTRE railway station then the train to BRESSANONE via VERONA. Trains timetable: usually, one per hour; average trip duration: 3.5 hrs; possible changes: Verona.
- Milan (330 km). From the airport take the bus shuttle to the railway station (MILANO/STAZIONE CENTRALE) and then the train to BRESSANONE via VERONA. Trains timetable: usually one per hour; average trip duration: 3.5 hrs; possible changes: Verona.
- Bolzano (40 km, direct train 30 min). Small airport with limited number of flights from Rome and Milano. From the airport take a taxi to the railway station.